2.06.2013

Senior Photoshoot Season | What to Wear & Whatnot

The Class of 2014 Senior Season is fast approaching and I am super excited to provide my clients with an experience they will remember for a lifetime. To me, seniors are one of the most fun subjects to shoot with their carefree, world-is-at-my-feet attitude.

When clients (or their parents) book a session, one of the most common questions is "What should I wear?". This is a simple question to answer but also complicated at the same time. Most importantly, I tell my clients to bring outfits that express their style and personality. I don't want a casual blue jeans and t-shirt type of gal showing up in a cocktail dress that will make her feel uncomfortable and stuffy. If the client is not comfortable in the outfit she is wearing, it will certainly show through in her photos. On the same note, I don't necessarily want her showing up TOO casual in raggedy jeans and plain t-shirt that shows no personality at all. Typically, I would tell the client to bring the outfits that make her feel pretty, confident and then crank it up a notch with accessories or props by adding one or two special touches like funky shoes, a hat or an instrument.

For instance, a cheerleader in dressy jeans, a cute top, high heels (yes, heels) holding her pom poms would create an image that exemplified the girly part of her personality yet still reflecting her interest in her sport. Combining the contrasting parts of the clients personality tells the story of that person - exactly what photos are supposed to do.

Another example would be if a client loves country music and is the super studious type. Maybe she wears a cute dress with boots and we go to a library or even take books to a country setting. Perhaps the senior is planning on being an elementary school teacher....she could also wear a cute dress but we change the location to a playground.

The point is the possibilities are endless. And if you stuck and need a little visual inspirations a great place to start with outfit ideas is by searching Google and Pinterest. I also pin outfit ideas on my own Pinterest page.

Good luck and have a great senior session!!





No comments:

Post a Comment